chevron background

Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Shelves and Decor

Happy 4th of July...a few days late! I am a little late posting this, but I will say I have a pretty good excuse. I have actually had my 4th of July decor done for a couple of weeks now, but it has been raining every single day! So I haven't been able to take any pictures because the lighting in our house is terrible unless it's very bright outside. I was finally able to get some pictures yesterday afternoon! Now I am ready to share!


I started making this flag last year around the 4th and never painted it in time. So I decided, I was definitely going to finish it this year! I made it using four 1 x 6 boards. Once the boards were cut and put together, I painted the whole thing dark brown. I did this so that when I distressed it, the dark brown would show through. Then, I taped off the stripes and painted them. To paint the stars, I cut 50 stars out of vinyl on the Cricut. I placed them on the space that was already painted white and then painted over them blue. Once that was dry, I peeled the stars off and voila! Then, I used some steel wool to distress the whole flag. I love the way it turned out!


For the bottom shelf, I placed some American flags in the white pitchers that I already had. I bought the USA thing at Kohls on clearance a couple of years back. It was actually dark blue, dark red, and tan. So I repainted it. I made the picture using some red, striped paper that I had. I used the Cricut to cut out the United States shape. Then, I just placed it on some kraft paper and put it in an IKEA frame.




I made this pennant banner out of some paper that I had. I just cut out the triangles using a rotary cutter and attached them to some silver string.  I thought it turned out pretty cute. 


I wrapped some of the paper around my candles and tied some twine around them. Then I printed the Star Spangled Banner printable from Pinterest and put it in an IKEA frame. 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment