chevron background

Friday, July 27, 2012

4th of July Decor

We are finally to the weekend! Yay!!! I hope everyone has had a great week. My poor hubby has had a rough week at school, so I am very excited that this week has finally come to an end for his sake! I will be headed back to Augusta tomorrow after I work in Gainesville, so we get to spend the evening together. Days where he doesn't have to study are far and few between, so I am pumped about tomorrow. 

 I know we are way past the 4th of July, but I am just now getting around to showing you how I decorated for it. I just did a few simple things outside to show my appreciation to this great country that we live in.


I made this wreath using a wreath form, 2 yards of red burlap (which I love!), straight pins, navy blue grosgrain ribbon, and some wooden stars. I found the inspiration on Pinterest. I cut 3"x3" squares out of the burlap, folded them corner to corner then pinned them into the wreath form with the straight pins. I did this until the whole thing was very full. I painted the three wooden stars white and glued them onto the ribbon and then hung it on the door. Ta-Da! It was easy as that!


Next, I made these pillows for my chairs. For the navy blue pillow, I just used navy fabric to make the pillow cover and then painted the wooden stars white like I did for the wreath. Then, I glued them onto the pillow cover. For the striped pillow, I cut 4" strips of red and white and sewed them together to make the stripes. They were very simple, and I thought they turned out very cute. 





I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment