chevron background

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day

Did you have a good Labor Day? I know I sure did! I had a very relaxing weekend! I headed back to Gainesville on Friday. I was finally able to get into the dentist to get my teeth cleaned...so that was refreshing. My mom made chicken and dumplings for dinner, which were delish! My sister and her family went to the beach for the weekend, so my parents kept the dogs for them. The have two miniature dachshunds, Sweet Pea and Daisy. 

Daisy
Sweet Pea

Then on Saturday, me and my mom went to a few yard sales before going out to the pool for the day. 


I guess everyone was off doing things for Labor Day because the pool was empty, which is quite rare for a Saturday. I spent most of the day laying out and reading.

On Sunday, my mom and I went down to Ikea and then to pick up my wedding ring from being cleaned. I love how it sparkles after being cleaned! We came back with plans to lay out again. Unfortunately, the clouds had started to move in, but we went down anyways. After about 45 mins, the sky got black and the thunder rolled in, so we went back inside.   


I ended up setting on the deck, reading the rest of the day. It was so nice to set around and pretty much do nothing. I love to set on my parent's deck because it is covered, especially when it rains.

It poured!
On Monday, we had intentions of going to the pool, but that didn't happen once again. It was very overcast all day. I sat on the deck again and read until time for me to leave.  I came back home to Ben studying, of course. So I spent the rest of the evening reading. I guess you could say that's pretty much all I did this weekend but I really enjoyed it! 

On another note...do you remember my post where I said I planted these seeds?


Well I thought this thing was never going to bloom. It is a purple pea vine. My mom's has already bloomed, produced pods and started to die, so she already cut hers back for the year. I decided that I would just leave mine and see if it would bloom. I came back yesterday to this....


This thing is absolutely, out of control!!! I think we need a larger trellis next year...

Beautiful blooms

These are the purple pea pods that the vine produces.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment