chevron background

Monday, January 16, 2012

Ruby

 This past week, my family lost one of our pets. My family got our cat, Ruby, around 10 years ago. They found her by the dumpster at Zack's Food Rack, a local store near our house. She was just a little thing then. Of course, my little sister, Mattie, wanted her, so they took her home. At that moment she became a member of our family. She was always a very loving cat. She was also a little demanding at times. She liked to be fed at around 5 o'clock in the morning. Why so early? Well this is when my dad fed her when he was working, so she began to expect this no matter when it was. She also wanted wet can food, not dry cat food. Until you fed her she would meow to the top of her lungs like she was starving to death. Even after being fed, if someone else walked by, she would meow like this again hoping you might fall for it. Sometimes it worked...she got fed twice. We would always joke and say she forgot where she came from. Ruby also had really bad allergies and her nose ran all the time. The funny thing was, she would come up to my dad and let him wipe her nose with a tissue.  I always liked to call her Ruby Princess but her given name was Ruby Elizabeth {named by Madison- when she was little she wanted her name to be Ruby because it was her birthstone. Since it wasn't she named her cat, Ruby and Elizabeth just goes with every name..haha}. She wasn't in the greatest of health, and I know she is no longer suffering. I know that it is better off this way but it doesn't make it any easier to lose your pet. We will all miss Ruby. Unfortunately, the pictures that we have from when she was little are not digital and I had no way to scan them into the computer. Here are a few pictures I wanted to share.


Peeking in the window. She was probably hoping to be fed again or hoping to get a chance to sneak in the house
She always found her way to my bed if she ever got in the house.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment