chevron background

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Visit from Family

Ben went back to Gainesville this weekend, so my mom, my nanny, Mattie, and Jaxon all came to visit me in Augusta. Originally just Mama, Nanny, and Mattie were supposed to be coming. Yet, when Mama said she was coming down here, Jaxon invited himself. No one really believed he would come because he never stays with anyone. When it was time to leave he had his bag and was ready to go to Jill's house. I was excited! Of course, Ben was so jealous that Jaxon was coming down here when he wasn't here. So the plans for the weekend changed a little bit to better suit Jaxon's needs. He did great the whole time he was here, and we had a blast! Here are a few things we did.


 We started out the morning with a game of baseball. One of Jaxon's surprises we had for him was a baseball bat, helmet, glove, ball, and bases. Ben would have done a better job with this than I did, but I tried. I also think the backyard would have been a better place for a baseball game!



 Next we went shopping. We tried this cute owl hat on. Then we even had stop to let him read a Toy Story book. When we stopped by Wal-Mart, Jaxon insisted we look at the toys. So of course he had to do his usual inspecting of all of the toys.


 After shopping for a while, we stopped and ate lunch at McDonalds. This is one of Jaxon's favorites. He got his usual, milkshake, fries, and ketchup. Next we went down to a park near my house, the Savannah Rapids Park. We had to let this boy burn some energy! Our good friend, Ken Sellers and his boys, Trey and Peyton, were there. First we played on the playground!




 Then we went down to the river to take a walk and see the water. This was the challenging part. Jaxon likes to run and there wasn't any type of fence along the river, so we had to keep a close watch on him. He is also quite rebellious and doesn't listen when you tell him to stop! The poor little guy ended up falling down stairs trying to run from my mom. He skinned his nose and his forehead. :( We were able to get a few pictures before his little accident.

Jaxon and Mattie

Jaxon posing in front of the river

Jaxon and his Nana

Me and my little cutie!

Too cute!
After a few pictures, Ken showed the boys how to throw rocks into the river. It is amazing how something so simple can be so entertaining to a kid.



Jaxon and Nanny looking for big rocks!

Jaxon throwing rocks!

I even managed to get a picture of Jaxon, Trey, and Peyton. Let me just say this wasn't an easy task. There may have been a little bribing involved. (Maybe a Cowtale when we got back home...haha)



So the park was a hit! We decided to go back home for dinner. Then our plan was to go look at Christmas lights, then come back and watch The Polar Express and drink hot chocolate. These plans were changed when Jaxon went to sleep at 7 o'clock! He was just so worn out! So we just hung around watched movies. I had a great time with everyone this weekend! I love to have company, especially my family!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww...... All of the pictures are great! It looks like y'all had a great time. I sure did miss my boy though!

    ReplyDelete