chevron background

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

McKenzie and Rylee's Room

I'm still playing catch-up. Going back to the weekend after Valentine's Day, I painted the wall in McKenzie and Rylee's room {my precious little cousins, just in case you didn't know}. My Aunt Kim has been working on getting the girl's room all fixed up! She decided to do the room in pink, black, and grey. Perfect colors for two girly-girls! Luckily for her, the walls were already grey, so she didn't have to paint the room. She had their great-grandmother to make a quilt for their bed. It is so cute! Here is a picture...



So this fabric became the inspiration for the entire room. Aunt Kim decided since there were butterflies in the fabric that she would like to use butterflies on the wall. So she asked if I would like to come over and paint some on the wall. Of course, I said yes! I love painting stuff on the walls! So she found these plastic 3D butterflies at Target. You simply put these tacks in the wall and the butterflies clip on them. 


First I laid them out on the bed in the shape I was going to put them on the wall. This just gave me a general idea of how to place them. So once I go them up, they looked like this.


Aunt Kim had the idea of painting a colored butterfly behind each of the white 3D butterflies. She bought 3 different paints: Martha Stewart Specialty Finish -Black Textured, Grey Textured, and Pink Glitter.




I loved this paint!!! It was so cute, plus the textured covered in one coat! The glitter was a little thinner, so I painted a pink coat first, then painted the glitter over top. Once I got the white 3D butterflies up on the wall, I decided to paint the colors behind like a shadow. So I traced the shadow while the white 3D butterflies were still on the wall. Then just took the butterflies off of the tacks and started painting!


So here is what it looked like once I finished painting the butterfly shadows before putting the white 3D butterflies back up!


 The grey ended up being really dark and from some angles, looked black. Once they were all dry, I attached the white butterflies back to the tacks and TA-DA!!!





Oh, I love how it turned out!!! So cute!!! I think the texture and the glitter are what made this project look so cute! I don't think it would have had the same effect with normal paint! Of course, I had to get a few pictures of the munchkins while waiting on everything to dry!

Mac taking a picture with her "camera phone"! HA! Cracks me up!

Can you tell they had been eating Oreos? {Rylee's dirty mouth!}

Cutie!

Can you say, blue eyes?!

Let me just say Mac is 4 and she knew how to use Ana's Blackberry! Crazy, kids and technology these days!

Cuties!

Silly munchkins! It is impossible to take a picture of these 3 with all of them looking at the camera!

This picture makes them look like little chunks! Haha! Dirty mouths again!
So there is still work to be done in the girl's room before it is finished! It is going to be precious! I will post more pictures once everything is done!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! All the pics of the kids are cute even though none of them are ever looking at the camera at the same time! Haha! Mc was going to town on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cuties! It is pretty much impossible to get a picture of all of them doing the same thing! Haha!

    ReplyDelete