chevron background

Monday, April 16, 2012

A Great Find

Happy Monday! Hopefully you are enjoying your day so far. I wanted to stop by and update you on the living room makeover. When I started looking for furniture, {since we have nothing to sit on} I knew I wanted a sofa and then 2 upholstered chairs rather than a sofa and loveseat. Here are a few pictures that I have been using for inspiration. 

via Pinterest
 In this first photo, I love the neutral sofa and the gray. I like how bright the room looks.

via Pinterest
 In this photo, I like the way they have a sofa across from two chairs. I like the coffee table in the middle of them and the use of a round table between the two chairs.

via The House of Smiths

via The House of Smiths
I love the way The House of Smiths has used this same set-up as the picture before. A sofa across from 2 chairs.  I also love her color scheme, a huge inspiration for my new color scheme.


So I already told you that we bought a sofa over spring break and it will be delivered this Thursday! As far as the chairs go, all of the ones that I had found that I liked were somewhere in the range of $200-$300 each! Yikes! So I decided that it would probably be a while before we were able to get any chairs. Here are a couple of the chairs that I like. 

$269.99 at Target

$269.99 at Target


 I decided to go out looking around last week, not for anything in particular but just to kill some time {I sit at home alone ALL day! I have to find things to occupy my time! Sometimes that means window shopping.}.  So I went by Ross and Marshalls first. I am looking in the furniture section at Marshalls when I spot 2 upholstered chairs with RED stickers on the tags!!! If you are a bargain shopper like me then you know what the color red means, CLEARANCE! So I go over and the tag says $50!!! I absolutely can not believe it! 



 The print is not what I am going for but for this cheap, I think I can reupholster them to match my decor. So I send a picture to my mom and ask if she thinks we can reupholster them, of course she says yes. Since I was in the Yaris that day, I knew I would not be able to get them home. So I got them to hold them until Ben got home and then we went and got them. I am so excited and satisfied with this purchase!



I seriously thought we were only going to have a sofa for a while. Little did I know, I would stumble upon a great deal like this! Like I said before, the fabric on the chairs was not what I was going for. I found some fabric that I am going to use to recover them at Fabric.com. It was only $7.98 a yard, which is really cheap for home decor fabric. I only needed 4 yds and I got a 13% discount so it ended up only being $27.77 for the fabric! So I got 2 upholstered chairs for $135 total and that's after tax! The fabric is really bold! It is by Premier Prints called Suzani  in Corn Yellow.

Suzani Corn Yellow

 I ordered it and it should be here by the end of the week. I love it! My sweet mama is going to come down for the weekend to help me recover these chairs! This week is a big week...new sofa, recovering chairs, making pillow covers for the new sofa! I can't wait to reveal everything to you!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment