chevron background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been so long! Most of you probably know that last week was Masters week. If you aren't into golf and don't know what that is, The Masters is a golf tournament held at Augusta National Golf Course in Augusta. They say this is the most prestigious golf course/tournament in the world (in Augusta, GA??? I know, right...who in the world said let's put the most prestigious golf course in the world in Augusta or as I like to say Disgusta). Since this is a huge event in Augusta and since it is almost impossible to travel anywhere in Augusta because of the traffic, pretty much everyone has this week as Spring Break. So Ben was off last week! For the 1st part of the week we stayed in Augusta and hung out with some of Ben's dental school friends. We also went back to Gainesville and got Jaxon. We had a blast with him! I will say, we had a rough night, but that's okay, we still had fun throughout the day! 


We went over to our friends, Ken and Angie's house. They have 3 kids and Jaxon loved playing with them!

Jaxon, Peyton, and Trey

Angie even gave him a cupcake!

We had pancakes for breakfast!

Jaxon colored some on his easel we bought and repainted from Goodwill.

He splashed and played in the bathtub!

He posed some in the mirror and said, "Yeeeaaahhh, that's what I'm talking about!" haha Too Funny!!!


He put on Ben's gym shorts, which fit over his entire body.

We went to the park and had a picnic.




On Tuesday, we headed back to Gainesville and spent the week with our families. We lucked out that it was also my mom's spring break and Ben's parents close the dental office during spring break too! So both of our families were free all week. Ben actually came back to Augusta on Thursday because his friend, Justin, invited him to go to The Masters. He had a great time, but unfortunately we have no pictures because they don't allow cameras on tournament days :( So I stayed back in Gainesville with my parents. We went shopping, got in the hot tub and just hung around. I was able to get together with my friend Kayla for lunch and of course we pretty much talked about wedding stuff the whole time! I can't wait for her wedding in October! For Easter, Ben and I went to an Easter Church service with Ben's parents and brother Andy. We had lunch with Ben's family and then spent the afternoon with my parent's for my mom's birthday and to celebrate Easter before we had to head back to Augusta. 

I wore Ben's grandmother's skirt that I hemmed {well my mom did it}. It turned out so cute!


Mom's beautiful and yummy birthday cake that my sister, Ana, made for her!
 It was so nice for Ben to have a week off and to just be able to chill out. We both had a great week and are already looking forward to his summer break! Oh yeah, I almost forgot, we bought a couch this weekend! It won't be delivered until next Thursday but when we get it and I get our living room redo finished, I will post pictures! I am so excited!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just stumbled upon your blog...don't even remember how I got here :) But I wanted to say hey to a fellow Georgia girl (I'm from Atlanta) and enthuse about your and your family's awesome creative talent. I'm having a small wedding in 1 month (yaaaay!!!), and I love reading about newlyweds. Awww you two...since middle school...soooo cute! Take care! :)
    Shanka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanka,
    Thank you so much for reading! I am so glad to see that people read my blog. I am trying to be better about blogging on a consistent basis. I hope you continue to read and good luck with your upcoming wedding!!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete