chevron background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Greek Salad

I decided to drop in and share one of mine and Ben's favorite recipes. We were inspired by a Greek salad that we ate at a Mediterranean restaurant called Neptunes on our honeymoon in Jamaica. We loved it so much that we ate there several times. Ben asked the waitress what type of dressing it had and she said it was some type of garlic-lemon vinaigrette. Once we got back home we decided to come up with our own recipe for a Greek salad.  We never did find a garlic-lemon vinaigrette, but we did find a Greek vinaigrette. So we went with it, and this is what we came up with.

Ingredients

2 cucumbers
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1- 4 oz container of feta cheese
1- 2.25 oz can of sliced black olives
3 Tbsp Greek vinaigrette


 First, you are gonna cut up all of the vegetables. I peel my cucumbers and then slice them into fourths. Then, I cut the peppers up into little squares.



It doesn't really matter what order you add this together. Notice I had already added my olives before adding the peppers. Drain the can of olives and add them to the bowl. Then add the feta cheese. 


Last, you add the 3 Tbsp of Greek vinaigrette and toss everything until coated. And Voila! Your salad is ready! Enjoy!



 I hope everyone is enjoying your weekend. I have been a busy little bee. Of course, Ben is studying...story of my life! So I have been busy trying to get as much done for our living room makeover before our couch arrives this Thursday! Ahhh...so excited!!!I can't wait to share!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment