chevron background

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

On the Lookout for a Couch and Ready for Some Change

Hello everyone! I had a great weekend! We went to the movies and saw The Hunger Games on Friday. I loved it! I would recommend it to anyone. I will say though, I think you should read the books before seeing the movie because it just gives you a better understanding of what is happening. I also did all of my Spring Cleaning this weekend! I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned! Our house looks pretty good though! Well at least the cleanliness of it, not the decorating so much... which leads me to my next topic. 

I mentioned recently that we returned my parent's living room suite that they so generously loaned to us for a while. So what once looked like this....

Now looks like this...



Although I liked the dark leather, I want to go lighter and brighter! I rant about this all the time, this dang townhome has no windows! We live in a dungeon or at least that is the way I feel. One day we will have a ton of windows with natural light pouring in! For now, I think it will help if I lighten the colors in the room. We are now on the lookout for a new couch. I'm not exactly sure when we will get this, but I am looking.

I am also ready for some more change in this room. I am going to change the color scheme. I had went with warm colors but now I am wanting to go with something a little cooler. I am going from red, orange, and gold to something like this...

via Pinterest

I really like the yellow and aqua together. Then add some gray in, and I think we have got our new color scheme! I know that yellow isn't a cool color but I think with the gray and blue it will add just enough warmth without adding too much. I really love the colors in our bedroom. it always feels so bright when I walk into the room. This was part of the inspiration for the change.

 This is definitely a work in progress. So by no means will it be done anytime soon. Of course, I would love to have it done tomorrow but realistically things like this take a little time and money. One of those I am very rich with, the other...not so much! Ha! I just wanted to share with you one of the projects that I am currently working on.

So I currently have a million projects going on. I am the type of person that has so many things that I want to do that I find myself trying to work on too many things at once. I have been trying to conquer one project at a time but still find myself walking away from one thing to work on another. So this is the reason that I haven't been sharing any projects lately. I have been working on stuff like crazy but just have little finishing touches that need to be made before I share them. So I promise that I will have some new things to share with you very soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment