chevron background

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Back to Gainesville for Thanksgiving

Ben and I went back last Wednesday to Gainesville to spend time with our families for Thanksgiving! We are so fortunate that both of our families live in the same town and we don't have to choose holidays. We went to Ben's family's Thanksgiving first at his parent's house. Since we were going to two Thanksgiving dinners, we knew we better pace ourselves. This is not an easy task when the food is so good! So we stayed there for a few hours, visited with his family, and tried to not over stuff ourselves! Then for my family's Thanksgiving we decided to have it combined with David's (my brother-in-law)  family. There weren't going to be many of us at our Thanksgiving, so we decided it would be best for everyone to get together. We went to David's mom's house. There was soooooo much food! We even had two of some dishes because of the picky eaters in our family! haha We were so thankful to be able to spend time with both of our families this Thanksgiving!


Missing Mattie Moo

Such a cutie pie!!!!
All of the grandkids from David's family
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures at Ben's family's Thanksgiving. I will have to do better at Christmas! So after stuffing our faces, we decided to go Black Friday Shopping! Usually every year, me and my mom get up and go about an hour after everything opens. So that is usually around 5 am. This year places decided to open Thanksgiving night around 10 pm. So we decided to go when they opened since we were already up. Wow! I guess everyone else had the same thoughts that I did. You would not believe Wal-Mart! It was a mad house! Yet, I was able to go in and get exactly what I wanted, so I was happy. Then we went over to Target. They didn't open until midnight, so me and my mom waited in the car until close to time and then waited in line! When I say line, I mean the one that went all the way down the building, then down to the end of the parking lot and back up to the building! Yes, we were in the back of that line! It was so worth it though! They came around and gave us maps of where everything was. This was great because they never put anything where it actually goes. The line moved quicker than we thought it would. We went in went straight to the places we needed, went to the register, and we were done! The only problem was Ana and David dropped us at Target while they went to Best Buy. They didn't have the lovely experience that we did. They were still in line when we got done. So we went over to the little food court, got us a drink, and just sat there and talked until Ana and David got back.We ended up getting back home around 2 am. On Friday, my mama and Mattie came home with me to decorate for Christmas! And boy did we decorate! I love Christmas and I am still decorating! There will be pictures soon! Sorry for the book I just wrote!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment