chevron background

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Decorated for Thanksgiving

In our house, we celebrate Thanksgiving before Christmas. If any of you know Ben, you know that he would have a stroke if I put up any Christmas decor before Thanksgiving! So I had to come up with a few things to decorate with between Halloween and Christmas. Here are a few pictures.

Love the colorful leaves on our little tree out front!

 I sprayed our pumpkins from Halloween white for a different look.


I made this wreath. I spray painted a dried ivy wreath white. Then hot glued some burlap rosettes.




 Back before Ben started school, he built me these shelves in my dining room. Since I don't have a mantle, it gives me the perfect place to decorate for holidays.


For the "Thanks sign" I got Ben to cut me a piece of wood. Then I covered it in burlap, spray painted the wooden letters white, and glued them on. Once again I spray painted pumpkins white from Halloween.


 I used two different sized mason jars and just put some dried wheat in them. Then I made the wreath on the window using a pool noodle, burlap, and straight pins. I taped the ends of the noodle together to make a wreath form. Then I cut squares out of the burlap, folded them corner to corner and then in half and pinned them into the noodle. Pretty simple, but the house is decorated and not with Christmas stuff yet!

2 comments:

  1. Booooooooo on Ben for not wanting Christmas decorations up! Doesn't he know what family he married into? That's okay, he will get to enjoy Christmas decorations at my house while he eats Thanksgiving food :)

    ReplyDelete