chevron background

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A few Before and Afters

 Since we moved down here, we have been busy little bees. I am constantly working on something and have a list with 500 other things that I need to do! So here are a few before and after photos of things we have already done.


 Here is the living room. We are using my mom's living room suite until we can get one of our own. My plan is to get something lighter to help brighten the space. I am also currently working on the coffee table. More pictures to come of that.


Here is our kitchen table and chairs. We got this from my sister, Ana, after she and her husband bought a new set of table and chairs. It was originally yellow when we got it. I decided to paint it dark brown. I liked it for a little while but with not many windows in our house it tends to be dark. So dark furniture has got to go! I painted the table white which really helped to brighten the room. After painting it white, I distressed it (can't see that in this photo). I love it now!


Here are our barstools that my in-laws, Mike and Abby, gave us. One of the chair seats had bleach spots so it needed to be replaced. I just recovered the seats with some cute fabric.


 When we first moved in, we didn't have a headboard, nightstands, lamps, or pillows. So Ben and I built a headboard out of 1 x 6 boards. We were also using Ben's fishing quilt until I got the whole room together. Then I got out our new white quilt from TJMaxx ($29 on clearance!). I made the pillows by recovering some pillows I already had.


 I bought these cute, little dressers at Ikea for $30 a piece. They were unfinished and the size was perfect for nightstands. I just painted them white and put knobs that matched the rest of my bedroom furniture.

My mom gave me these lamps. Someone gave them to her a while ago. I do not like gold! So I spray painted them green to match my bedroom. Then I put some white lamp shades on them that my mom also gave me. Good as new!


Here is the dresser we are using in our room. My family has had this dresser for a while, and I think it has been every color you can imagine. When I got it, it was dark brown. I painted it white to match the rest of my bedroom furniture and replaced the knobs with handles.

My parents bought this chifferobe off a goodwill truck for $40. It wasn't in the greatest shape but I knew with a little bit of work (or a lot), it would be like new. I patched all of the holes and dings. Then I sanded and sanded this thing,  then painted it with primer. The stain still came through the primer, so I bought a primer with a stainblocker. I painted it again with primer, then painted it with white paint. Then I put all new handles and hinges to match everything else in the bedroom. Finally it was finished! Then inside where the large mirror is, we built shelves so that this large space was actually functional. I now use the shelves for all of my towels and washcloths.


Here is a lingerie chest that used to be Ana's when she still lived at home. Then she took it with her when she moved. Somewhere down the road, we got it back. We used it in our bathroom for all of our hair stuff. So I got to take it with me when I moved. It is the perfect storage for all of my hair and bathroom stuff. I spray painted it a light blue to match my bathroom.

Now I am going to work on some Christmas projects that I have going on! Thanksgiving is a week away, and then I am free to decorate! Yay! I love Christmas!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful! You have done such a great job on everything! It's amazing all the fabulous things you can do using little money when you are crafty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It sure is amazing! haha

    ReplyDelete